Sunday, January 14, 2007

Blessing from God

My Aunt Grace died yesterday. Busy as ever, right up to the end.

I was in Broadalbin and Johnstown last week to visit my Mom and Dad. Usually I saw Aunt Grace, but not this trip. And now I'll never see her again. My wife and I flew up to see for ourselves that my Mom was ok. She has a circulation problem that is now going to be fixed we hope. We popped in for a quick day and a half visit which didn't allow us the time to see everybody.

Mom had to visit the doctor and get some tests a few days after our visit. Aunt Grace came over to check on Dad at lunch time that day not knowing how long Mom would be gone. Mom got home at lunch time and they all spent the afternoon talking.

Dad is the oldest of the kids at 94. Aunt Grace fell in the middle of the 13 children. Hazel, Harold, Clement, Percy and Robert have already passed. Charles, Marion, Clarence, Thelma, Arthur, Donald and Ruth are all still alive and mostly well. Aunt Martha (Percy) and Aunt Betty (Robert) are with us as well.


Mike and Helen
Peg and Charlie (Margaret and Charlie)
Tink (Percy) and Martha
Bob and Betty
Bob and Marion
Norm and Thel
Grace and John
Clarence and Thelma
Don and Eileen
Ross (Harold) and Ruth
Scotch (Arthur) and Arlene
Buck and Hazel
Bob and Ruthie

Aunt Grace's memorial service is Wedsnesday. I am sure she is in heaven, ballroom dancing with Uncle John.

1 comment:

Meg: said...

I had forgotten you even had a blog until I saw your comment on Jeff & Emily's.

Aunt Grace was always my favorite great-aunt. I'm not sure why, really...she just seemed so much younger than her years.